Ah, the Easter long weekend. Doesn’t it bring back memories of a rained-out camping trip, sibling fights in the car and parents seriously questioning their sanity in dragging the family through the ordeal.
We’re here to help! With our handy hints, you’ll be relaxed and happy on your arrival.
- Preparation is key – think about how long you’ll be in the car, if you’ll stop, when you’ll eat, what time you will arrive at your destination.
- Packing the luggage in the boot is obviously important, but don’t forget about the cabin. Make sure you have everything you need within reach.
- If you have small children, pack a bag with their favourite toys, books and games. And perhaps a little treat as incentive for them to be good during the trip. Make sure there is plenty of water within reach. A change of clothes is also a good idea for little ones.
- If you have slightly older children, let them pack their own bags and have ownership about getting themselves organised. A little road-trip dilly bag with some nice treats can become a highlight of any trip away!
- If you have time, make a playlist for the car – it could be your favourite podcast, an audio book, or some killer driving songs. Again, if it’s appropriate involve your kids in the decision making on what you’re going to listen to.
- Old-school games are fun, even if you don’t have kids. Who doesn’t love spotto?